Rebecca Nenno, LMT Mi Read more [...]
Place Category: Yoga
Ali Wassick – Yoga Teacher at The Yoga Place
Ali Wassick completed her initial 200 hour teaching training at Yoga Vermont in Burlington. She has completed multiple trainings in alignment-based yoga and has been trained in trauma sensitive yoga, restorative, prenatal yoga, and yoga for cancer at The Kripalu Yoga Center. Her approach to teaching yoga combines a focus on alignment with the freedom and creativity of vinyasa flow. Ali has also been trained in Thai Yoga Bodywork through The Shantaya Yoga School and has studied the therapeutic technique in Thailand. Now teaching at The Yoga Place in Bennington, she hopes to provide a space that allows students to experience breath awareness, mindfulness and physical well-being.
Yoga classes offered:
- Vinyasa Yoga: Synchronizing breath with a continuous flow of yoga postures.
- Restorative Yoga: “Active Relaxation” Postures are typically held for 5-10 minutes where you are fully supported by props.
- Prenatal Yoga: Gentle yoga and breath work to help prepare for childbirth
- Yoga for Cancer: “A specialized yoga methodology that is tailored to address the specific physical and emotional needs left by the cancer & its treatments” Y4C
- Thai Yoga Bodywork: “Assisted Yoga” A dynamic therapy that combines stretching, assisted yoga postures, pressure point therapy and breath work.
Approximate length of time for treatment: 60-90 minutes
License/certifications/educational background: Yoga Alliance Certified