Kirke McVay M.A. NBC Read more [...]
Place Category: Counseling
About Mindful Paths & Deborah Lewis
Mindful Paths was founded in 1997 by Deborah Lewis as a focus for promoting a mind-body preventative
approach for healthy living. Private counseling, yoga and stress management programs are offered. Please visit our website for even more information!
Deb is a licensed professional counselor specializing in stress management. She combines her medical, psychology and counseling degrees to focus on the mind-body connection and its relationship to stress related dis-ease. As a 30+ year cancer survivor, she has learned and applied important preventive techniques in her life and is now helping those of all ages fight the effects of stress.
The Yoga & Relaxation classes offered incorporate Anusara-style yoga, which includes aligning the body while respecting its limit. These classes are for anyone- beginners or experienced yoginis. Breathing techniques, guided visualization and deep relaxation are included.
Private & group programs in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), yoga and chakra energy healing. Private counseling sessions include both mental and physical techniques, guided relaxation, and meditation along with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). These techniques can help you prevent disease and enjoy a better quality lifestyle by learning how to change your perspectives and reactions to life’s challenges.
The group 8-week MBSR program, meeting once per week for 2 hours, will help you:
- Boost your immune system and fight off disease such as heart problems, cancer, anxiety, depression and many others
- Learn to relax deeply and let go of negative thoughts
- Manage your feelings
- Communicate more effectively & boost your self-esteem
Approximate length of time for treatment: 1-2 hour private sessions; 75 minute group yoga classes
- Private session prices: $60 per 1 hour, $75 per 1 ½ hours (also works on sliding scale)
- Yoga/Relaxation classes: $15 per 75-minute group class
- MBSR 8-week program: $250 (includes CDs, handouts)
- Masters Of Arts in Counseling from Midwestern State University-2013
- Bachelors in Psychology from Skidmore-1995
- Associates in Medical Technology from UVM-1973
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC- Vermont)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-Texas)
- Deb was initially trained under John Kabat-Zinn at The Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1997
- Completed a 400-hour yoga teacher training in 2001 with Todd Norian at the Phoenix Rising Yoga Center
- Trained in cardiac care yoga at Kripalu in 2003
- Chakra training at Kripalu in 2003
- Level 2 Reiki practitioner in 2004